German Chocolate Brownies (adapted from iheartnaptime.net)
- 2 boxes of brownie mix
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of butterscotch chips
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Bake brownies according to package directions. Allow to cool
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute and drizzle with a spoon over brownies.
- Melt butterscotch chips in microwave for 1 minute and drizzle over chocolate.
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, milk, butter and vanilla in a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, about 12 minutes, stirring consistently for at least 10 of those minutes. Add coconut and pecans. Beat until thick enough to spread. Pour over top of brownies. Place in refrigerator to harden.