Monday, March 11, 2013

Slow-Cooker Short Ribs

I found some short ribs on sale at our grocery store last week (under $3!!) so I bought them but I didn't actually know how to cook them.  I did a quick search on my phone and found a recipe for slow-cooker ribs.  I have since then closed the webpage, but I'll try to remember it off the top of my head.

  • 1/2 c ketchup
  • 1/2 c honey
  • 2 T Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic (I used 2 t garlic powder)
  • 1 onion (I didn't have one so I used dried onion)
  • Boneless pork short ribs
Mix together ketchup, honey, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.  Place onions on the bottom of a slow-cooker with ribs layed on top.  Pour the mixture on top of ribs and onions.  Cook on low for 8 hours.

These are SO DELICIOUS!  My husband said that it tastes just like the ribs he makes but he uses bottled Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue sauce instead.  Not that the mix was hard to make, but pouring it out of a bottle sounds much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment