Sunday, January 20, 2013

Fresh Broccoli Salad

My coworker had a bridal luncheon a few months ago.  One of the ladies brought in a really delicious broccoli salad which another coworker requested that I find the recipe for.  I googled "Broccoli Salad" and found this one from allrecipes.com.  After I printed off a copy for this other coworker, I decided that it did, in fact, sound good enough to make myself so I gave it a try.  YUMMY!  Maybe one of the best broccoli salads I've had?



Fresh Broccoli Salad

  • 2 heads fresh broccoli
  • 1 red onion
  • 1/2 lb. bacon
  • 3/4 c raisins
  • 3/4 c nuts
  • 1 c mayonnaise
  • 1/2 c white sugar
  • 2 T white wine vinegar
  1. Place bacon in a deep skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.  Cool and crumble.
  2. Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces and cut the onion into thin bite-size slices.  Combine with the bacon, raisins, nuts and mix well.
  3. To prepare the dressing, mix the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar together until smooth.  Stir into the salad, let chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment