I only had half of one before they had all vanished. Not exaggerating. That half that I DID have was very, very delicious. Another plus? They are super easy to bake.
My daughter was in charge of the chocolate chip placement. She also helped me swirl the frosting. I think she did an excellent job. (So does she.)
Black and White Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c and 2 T dark chocolate cocoa
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c ready-to-eat chocolate pudding
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 24 cupcake pan cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients and mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl and resume mixing on medium speed for an additional minute. Stop the mixer and fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill the prepared cupcake liners with batter 3/4 full. Bake about 15-18 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1 c white chocolate chips or 6 oz. white chocolate, melted
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 1/3 c powdered sugar
- To make the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Add melted chocolate and vanilla; mix for an additional minute. Add powdered sugar gradually, beating until light and fluffy after each addition.
- Spread the frosting on the chocolate cupcakes. Garnish with fresh raspberries, chocolate chips, or chocolate sprinkles.