Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lunch boxes repurposed

We do take out lunches at work. One of my favorite places to go is Skool Lunch. Not only is their food yummy, but they send your lunches in these cute little boxes. I couldn't just throw mine away. So I decided to turn a few of them into boxes for storing craft supplies.


*I thought they chose an interesting way to spell my name. Twice. Although Skool isn't exactly spelled correctly.*


I entirely used supplies I had on hand. And most of them were in my to file basket so I didn't even have to look that hard! I cut the new labels just slightly bigger than the existing labels so I didn't have to struggle to get them off. Emeli still exists somewhere under there...


The flowers on the label are flowers from the cardstock used on the main portion. I found a small piece that I would have just thrown away. If you look closely you can see the the majority of the flowers aren't even whole. Another case of making the most out of your supplies!


I think this one is my favorite. I had no idea where I was going with it when I started. Sometimes those end up being the very best projects. Other times they completely flop. But in this case I think it turned out.

This was a great lesson for me on thinking outside the box (pun intended.) It definately makes me think twice before throwing anything away!

No comments:

Post a Comment