Monday, April 11, 2011

Birthday Cards

We've had several birthdays in our family lately. So I've made some cards to help celebrate!

Tree Card


I swore that I had a tree stamp when I started this card but I couldn't find one anywhere! I guess I'd better put that on my list to buy. In this case I improvised and cut out one of the leaves from the background paper. The ink around the edge looks really purple in this picture! It didn't look so purple in real life...

Celebrate Card


All of the patterned paper came from one sheet of double sided paper. I love that stuff! You are guaranteed that it will coordinate. I found the birthday cake rub-on first and matched my paper from there. I've found it is much easier to find paper to match embellishments than it is to find embellishments to match paper. I really like how this card turned out.

Sweet Birthday Wishes card



This card is very special! It is my 20-m old daughter's card to her daddy for his birthday. She actually helped me stamp the image (in dye ink--if stamping can be suitable for the toddler crowd then this is the ink you should use!) She is quite the expert when it comes to coloring. I handed her the card when the ink had dried and she knew exactly what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment