Monday, February 10, 2014

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I feel like I am one of only a few people in this world that truly, truly love oatmeal raisin cookies.  The other two people would be my mom and dad.  I don't get it, though.  These cookies are as close to 'healthy' as it gets.  And it turns out my kids like these cookies too so it's an easy way to get a little extra fiber in their diet.  Just ignore the cup and a half of sugar.


Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (adapted from iheartnaptime.com)

1/2 c apple sauce
1/2 c butter
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 eggs (I used egg substitute)
1 t vanilla
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
3 c quick oats
1 1/2 c flour
1 c raisins (I soak mine in hot water for a few minutes to plump them up.  Makes a big difference!) 

Preheat oven to 350.  Blend butter and sugars together until smooth.  Beat in eggs one at a time and add in vanilla and applesauce.  Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Add to sugar mixture a little at a time; mix until smooth.  Fold in raisins.  I used a 1 1/4 inch cookie scoop and dropped the scoopfuls onto parchment/Silpat lined cookie sheets.  Bake for 10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment