Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day cards

I guess you could say I went out of my comfort zone on both of these cards.

If you scrapbook then you probably hear that it is best to use your own handwriting for journaling. And you probably hear But I hate my handwriting! Well, I really do hate my handwriting. But without any other options for the sentiment, I decided to handwrite on the tag for this one. The only thing I wish is that my white Souffle pen had been a little more opaque. I like how it turned out otherwise.



I usually also stay with more subdued tones for my cards but when I found this "Mom" paper (I believe from DCWV) I had to incorporate it somehow. This card is another candidate for a magical moment in card-crafting. It just sort of came together!



Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. They're both beautiful, but I ADORE the 2nd one. I love, love, love turquoise and pink together. :)

    ReplyDelete