Sunday, March 27, 2011

Butterfly dress

Normally I don't apologize when I go MIA on these blogs, but this time I have a really good excuse. For a few weeks every spare minute I had went into finishing a dress I started last year for my daughter. I was so afraid to learn how to use my sewing maching and I have no idea why. It was so much fun! I bought the material with the idea of it being worn mid- to late-summer. And my daughter loves butterflies. I was afraid it would be too small for her now (and by the measurements it should be) but it actually fits her just right. Hopefully the weather will warm up so that she can wear it! I love the details. Particularly the ribbon.



The buttons were supposed to attach on the inside, but it didn't look right. So I moved them to the outside.

And the appliqued butterflies. Again, the details!

Of course I had to try it on her when I finished.



She wouldn't stop twirling long enough for me to take a really good picture of her. I think that's a good sign that she likes the dress!

2 comments: