Monday, March 31, 2014

Shamrock Banner

It was part of my personal goals this year to make something new for each holiday from my stash of ideas.  I found this banner on Pinterest awhile ago and decided that I would make it for St. Patrick's day.

The problem is that I deleted the pin before I was able to refer to it in this post.  I cannot remember who to credit for this, which is too bad because she has copies of these awesome maps that I downloaded to make the project.  So if odds are in my favor and you've seen this project before, let me know so that I can give due credit!


Like I said, I downloaded the two maps of Ireland off of this website, but I suppose you could find any black and white image to make the background.  I free-handed the pennant shapes and cut out 16 (which was possibly a tad too many--I think 10 would have been perfect.)  I backed the paper with some tan cardstock and inked around the edges to distress it a bit.  Other than that, I pretty much copied the original.  The shamrocks are heart shapes that I traced, cut out and inked, and glued together to make a shamrock shape.  I let it dry, punched holes, laced some thread, and hung it up on my shelving unit.  It was pretty easy and fun to have something festive for St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment